Re: [Gimp-user] Change the default Save extension

On 04/25/2013 08:59 PM, Sam Gleske wrote:
Being misinformed does *not* qualify as trolling.   The way Owen came
out of the gate swinging is what I would consider trolling (stirring up
a fuss).  I wasn't even involved in the discussion until now and I got
pissed when I read his comments.  I think the list can do better than
that.  I don't want our list to end up like the Linux kernel ML where if
strict rules aren't followed newcomers are harassed to no end.  It's
very counter productive and a lot of times why I categorically leave
communities.  You'll find it is much harder to expand your developer
base if you act immature like that.  Have some patience.
Hi
You can try to compare Gimp list with other lists like Digikam or E17.
It's very different...
Developers listen to users because they do not know all the needs of users and they want to improve the software. Furthermore, these developers try sometimes to explain their approach, which allows to build relationships. This is beneficial to advance the project.
Ask yourself why most users still sulking Gimp...
Greetings
--
Maderios
"Art is meant to disturb. Science reassures."