[Gimp-user] Text Along Path Trouble

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am using 2.8.2 on my school Windows
computer.

I created a path, used the text tool to type in my text, highlighted the text,
opened the paths tab and made my path visible and highlighted, and then right
clicked and selected "text to path."  Instead of putting my text along the path,
this is what it does:  http://imgur.com/3ZZ6GDC (I am going to try to attach
it).

It creates a whole new path and puts the text on it.  I have never had any path
except the one (visible in blue) around the person's head.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/33/original/textpath.jpg

--
Astabeth (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)