Re: [Gimp-user] Text Along Path Trouble

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Astabeth <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

It creates a whole new path and puts the text on it.  I have never had any path
except the one (visible in blue) around the person's head

It looks to me like it _is_ putting the text along the path, but in 11
or 12 lines.  Did you enter newlines/linebreaks in the text editor?
If so, get rid of them.

You might consider exporting the image and path to Inkscape, and
setting the text there.  I've had more luck using Inkscape for text
along paths:
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Text-Path.html

HTH,
Chris