Re: [Gimp-user] GSOC 2013 Computational Photography Proposal

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Siddharth wrote:
Hi,

I am currently pursuing MS by Research in the field of computer vision and
image processing at IIIT- Hyderabad, India. I am interested in working for
GIMP organization this summer in a GSoC project.

Some of my own ideas:

a) Image denoising
b) Color2Gray
c) Domain Transform for Edge-Aware Image Processing (Non-Photorealistic
Animation and Rendering)
d) Surface Extraction from Texture

I have a feeling of deja vu. Didntt you post it verbatim to Blender
mailing list a few days ago as well? :)

Anyway, those are valid ideas, and edge-aware filters actaully are
perfectly applicable to photography as well.

Have you already bult GIMP from source code?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org