Re: [Gimp-user] GSOC 2013 Computational Photography Proposal

Hi,

Yes, I did post it to blender. But they said - "All three proposals are very cool, but quite more suitable for GIMP than for Blender".
Hence, I am applying here since these methods are currently missing in GIMP.

Yes, I have build GIMP from source code.

How should I proceed further with my proposal?

Best Regards,
Siddharth

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Siddharth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently pursuing MS by Research in the field of computer vision and
> image processing at IIIT- Hyderabad, India. I am interested in working for
> GIMP organization this summer in a GSoC project.
>
> Some of my own ideas:
>
> a) Image denoising
> b) Color2Gray
> c) Domain Transform for Edge-Aware Image Processing (Non-Photorealistic
> Animation and Rendering)
> d) Surface Extraction from Texture

I have a feeling of deja vu. Didntt you post it verbatim to Blender
mailing list a few days ago as well? :)

Anyway, those are valid ideas, and edge-aware filters actaully are
perfectly applicable to photography as well.

Have you already bult GIMP from source code?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org