Re: [Gimp-user] Download of GIMP in 'wrong' language !

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM,  <p2005eter gmail com> wrote:
Last night I  downloaded GIMP v2.8.4 and think I requested an English
language download.

Is that even possible? GIMP simply ships all localizations and, when
installed, uses current UI language set in operating system by
default.

When I came to open the program I find the language is Portuguese.
This I can partly understand as I have a Portuguese language version of
Windows Vista and a Portuguese keyboard.

And here is your explanation :)

Please change trhe interface language in Edit / Preferences / Interface.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org