Re: [Gimp-user] help plz

On 09/29/2012 09:40 AM, icemankfc wrote:
I have had more fun the past few weeks with Gimp then anything Ive used the computer for in a really long
time.  I tried to install something I found online called Gimp Paint Pro.. Opps.. Now my Gimp install is
crashing and it's never ran so poorly. Many brushes are double installed and I try to delete them and the
program is crashing terminally.  This is obviously not good. I really liked the brushes and added content but
dont know what Ive done wrong at this point and just found this webpage. I hope you guys can direct me what I
need to do? I suspect a new install is in order but is there such a thing as Gimp Paint Pro? Thats what I
enjoyed the most about Gimp was the free form creative ability it offers. Im still learning the functions and
would really like to get it working again soon as possible.  Thanks in advance - Joe at Icemankfc gmail com

If you resinstall, make sure you also remove (or rename it so you can carefully move things back later) your existing Gimp profile (in Vista/7: C:\users\{your_id}\.gimp-2.8 (or 2.6)).

Maybe the problem is that this Gimp Paint Pro was buillt for Gimp 2.6 and won't work with 2.8. But there are some very dodgy Gimp versions out there, better get in the habit to check forums first before installing anything.