[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8 is too slow on OS X and the new sliders are confusing

Hi, just wanted to say I've been using Gimp for many years on my Mac and I used to be very satisfied with it,
but the recent update (version 2.8) has disappointed me.

First of all, gradient generation is very slow using version 2.8 in compare to version 2.6, especially on
large canvases. It takes about 10 seconds longer for Gimp 2.8 to draw a gradient on a 2560x1600 canvas.

Another issue I have with 2.8 is that I don't like the new slider controls (those which are used to change
the opacity value, for example). The 2.8 sliders are confusing because the "value" text-box appears over the
slider which makes it difficult to move the slider rather than edit the text. In 2.6 the "value" text-box was
located near the slider so this mistake couldn't happen. It's also confusing that sometimes the slider moves
very slowly and sometimes it moves exactly to where the mouse pointer is. I think it should always move
together with the mouse pointer.

In short, if you can help make Gimp 2.8 run faster on OS X or if you can implement an option to replace the
2.8 slider controls with the 2.6 sliders, please do so.