Re: [Gimp-user] File format question

On 09/09/2012 05:05 PM, Psiweapon wrote:
Hey there, I'm a newcomer, although I've been using Gimp for some years
now (nothing advanced though)

Exactly WHY or WHO the HELL thought it was a good idea to leave common
image formats (.png, .gif, etc.) out of the "save" menu in 2.8????

Was this decision taken because of legal issues, politicky crap, too
much vodka, or what the fuck? Could anybody enlighten me, please?

Hi

You can get a plugin to resolve "bad" save function
save-export-clean.py
here:
https://github.com/akkana/gimp-plugins/
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list/2012-August/msg00072.html