[Gimp-user] Resynthezier: can't make it work

Suse 12.2, gimp 2.8-git branch installed in ~/gimp, compiled resynth-git
prefixed there, too.
Can call "heal selection" and Resynthesize, but the do nothing.

Example: I have a white square with one corner missing, the corner shows
alpha. Now I select all the alpha, then call filter-map-resynth, tell it to
look 50pixel further, run it, it calculates for a minute, munches cpu and
all, and then...
Nothing.
The layer is correct, it has an alpha channel, alpha is not locked.
Tried both heal and resynth.

  ?