[Gimp-user] Python script query

Hi All,

Thanks again for all the assistance.

I tried out a few variations of the [delete] tags in AnimStack and managed to
get the desired results for editing my Gifs.

I had difficulty getting the [delete] tag to work properly... it deletes the
first two layers and then every second layer after that.
I found that by inserting a duplicate layer of Layer 1 and then changing the
name of this to [delete] and then running 'Process AnimStack Tags' I got the
desired result of  leaving the first one and then deleting every second layer in
the list after that.

In order to delete all the layers, starting at a particular one, I just change
the name of the layer I want to delete from to [delete:2:2] and then run
'Process AnimStack Tags' this deletes all the layers from that one right to the
end.

To delete all the layers from the first one up to a particular one I change the
name of the first one to [delete:1:1:n] and this will delete all the layers up
to ‘n + 1’ one. . .  eg. [delete:1:1:20] will delete all the layers from the
first one up to and including layer 21.

Using AnimStack in this way will enable me to edit my Gifs more efficiently.

--
Lorgach (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)