[Gimp-user] Python script query

Hi,

I’m trying to introduce myself to programming in Python for Gimp, however I’m having difficulty in trying to
run some scripts and I’m hoping that some of the more knowledgeable members on the Forum will be able to give
me some assistance.

In order to cut down on time, and also to gain experience I decided to modify some of the scripts that were
written by experienced Python programmers to see what effects I could produce on various images.
However, I have found that when I make even minor changes to a script and save the changed script to the
‘plug-ins’ folder under a new name, it will not show up in the Gimp Drop Down Menu specified in the script.
I would like to know if anyone else has come across this snag and, if so, what is the cause or if there is a
solution.
Is there some kind of compiled code associated with a Python script when it has been saved under a ‘Name.py’
or when it has been run in Gimp that prevents it from being capable of being changed or edited.

I am using Gimp 2.8, Windows XP and the Komodo editor to make the changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

--
Lorgach (via gimpusers.com)