Re: [Gimp-user] create a custom tool or run script at cursor?

On 11/08/2012 12:54 AM, Dexter Filmore wrote:
Is there a way to have a custom tool that executes commands where I point?

I'd like to have a tool that where I click takes the foreground color via
pipette and in the same spot immediately applies "fill" with the settings the
fill tool is set at.

Script pseudo code would be:

get cursor position
use pipette at cursor pos to FG color
apply "fill" at cursor position

Can that be scripted?

I don't know any way to get at the pointer coordinates when the script is called. There are ways to give it coordinates (using a vector), but this is not as dynamic.