Re: [Gimp-user] Python script query

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Lorgach <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
In order to cut down on time, and also to gain experience I decided to modify some of the scripts that were
written by experienced Python programmers to see what effects I could produce on various images.
However, I have found that when I make even minor changes to a script and save the changed script to the
‘plug-ins’ folder under a new name, it will not show up in the Gimp Drop Down Menu specified in the script.
I would like to know if anyone else has come across this snag and, if so, what is the cause or if there is
a solution.

You'll need to restart GIMP for it to pick up a new plug-in.  Once it
appears you can edit it, as long as the menu item hasn't changed.

The "proc_name" must be unique - this is defined in the "register" function.

If there's a syntax error, the plug-in won't load.

Start GIMP in a command terminal to catch start-up errors.

Chris