[Gimp-user] Problem with Windows Gimp 2.8 and Cage tool

Hello everybody,

First mail to this list, I hope this is the correct place to ask this!

I've installed the Gimp 2.8 Windows version suggested in the official site but I cannot run the cage tool. After making the grid it quickly show a progress circle saying "calculating coefficients" (or something like that, since I'm using it in spanish), then "transform grid" and then it hangs up (and closes gimp) saying:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I've checked the installer wasn't corrupt and I've installed it in two different computers (both having Windows Xp SP3). I think I have more than enough free memory, so probably the problem is in my Visual C++ libraries. At least I have installed the Visual C++ 2008 and 2010 Redistributable libraries to no avail.

Is the cage tool working in the windows version? Should I install something to make it work?

Thanks in advance for your help! Regards,
Koko.