[Gimp-user] Problem with Windows Gimp 2.8 and Cage tool

Hello,

same problem here (Win XP, 32 bit,  SP3, MS Visual C++ 2010 x86 redistributable 10.0.30319).

Before, I got the same error in the same situation. Then, I uninstalled all versions of MS Visual C++ and
then installed the latest one mentioned above: at least now I can cage the desired area but it would break
off with the same as before as soon as I want to transform the cage.

There is another thread in gimp-attitude.org: "Problème avec l'outil cage de Gimp 2.8" (French) but no one
seems to know a solution.

I would be grateful for pointers on how to solve this.
Thanks!

--
Gimpuser2012 (via gimpusers.com)