Re: [Gimp-user] Bug with fonts when antialiasing on

On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 17:05 +0200, gimp-bug wrote:

Liam
Thank you for the answer!
Yesterday on IRC I was suggested the same - to check antialiasing
settings. There's nothing wrong in my fontconfig, it's pretty
standard. In KDE there are three options for antialiasing: Enabled,
System settings, Disabled.

There should also be options for the type of screen you have - RGB,
VRGB, etc.

 I tried every one, and this didn't help. Anything other but "Enabled"
makes my fonts horrible in all other apps though.

The first thing is to discover what's causing your problem, before
trying to work out a solution.

I use lcd-filtering gentoo overlay, so this might be a reason why
changing settings doesn't work.

I don't know what that is, sorry.

So now the question is - is this really intended feature that OS
settings could interfere with how raster graphical editor renders its'
text objects?
It depends on your objective as to whether it makes sense. Note also
that gimp's text tool options has a separate antialiasing setting.

Obviously a green halo is not intended.

Liam