[Gimp-user] 2.8... missing something

gms9810 <forums gimpusers com> writes:

Hi, All
I just downloaded v2.8, installed it (Windows 7 Pro, 3g RAM, dual 1.66g cores, 120 G HD) and as I
expected, it didn't work. I got the same results when I tried the various versions of 2.7. The
installation seemed to go fine ut when I started it I got message after message about missing dlls, most
of which were in the folder already. I went and downloaded the few that were actually missing and tried
again with the same results.

Which DLL's?

Is it a HP machine?

I get the same thing on a Dell/Windows. This seems to be a common problem and I can't find a good answer
anywhere. I've tried renaming an often offending dll in the System32 dir., uninstalled and reinstalled and
can't figure this out.
Jeff

--
PictureZealot (via gimpusers.com)