[Gimp-user] Really basic question

I have tried using Gimp to draw and color original art. I purchased "Beginning Gimp" by Akkana Peck, but, my ignorance is so great (or maybe my patience so short) that I am over whelmed. I'd like to know if there is a reallllllly basic book - for super dummies - especially to help me understand layers and how to use them.

Maybe the first question I should ask, is Gimp the best program for someone who wants to draw on their tablet?

Fran Olsen
olsen infionline net