Re: [Gimp-user] Problem with Gimp 2.7.4 'Text' facility

Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net> writes:

If that's not how the terms are used, please file a bug.

Done.

Changing the baseline using the semi-transparent tool box does not have
any effect, neither does changing the baseline in the text editor.

They work fine here, but you have to have selected some text on the
canvas.

I cannot select text when the editor is active. I have to close the
editor, select text on the canvas, and then [x] Use editor on the
options panel.

It is (still) not clear what "change baseline" is supposed to do.

When the text editor is shown, the on-cavas editing doesn't work
anymore.
works here (but I have a pre-release of 2.8) although you can't select
text.

Yes, not being able to select text is what I referred do.

-- Johan