Re: [Gimp-user] Problem with Gimp 2.7.4 'Text' facility

 During my trialling of Mageia-2 (Beta3) I find it  provides  Gimp
2.7.4,  but the Text function doesn't work as in 2.6.

  I would be most grateful if someone could confirm this (as it might be
some setting I've missed):

With Gimp 2.7.4 (and presumably later), if you select 'Text' (the big
'A'), then click somewhere on an image, two things will appear:

  (1) At the place where you clicked, a 'dynamic' window* will appear
  (2) Above it a text-entry window will appear.

When text is entered into (2), it does *not* appear in (1).  Agreed?
  (Whereas with Gimp 2.6, it *does*.)

Can anyone see how to make the text also appear in the 'dynamic' window
(apart from manual Copy/Paste)?

(* I don't know what the Gimp term for that window is.)

Many thanks!
--
/\/\aurice  (Reitred in Surrey, UK)