Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior
- From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com>
- To: gimp-user-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior
- Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 19:04:35 +0400
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Daniel Smith wrote:
Is it really that complicated to change the menus
and dialog boxes or the existence of them based
around user preferences?
Is there a link anywhere to how it's written?
I can guarantee you that when I worked in a big
graphics house they'd find a way to alter them.
Well, adding options that change behavior of an application always has
1) The code gets messier, especially if you keep adding things on top.
E.g. think of the proposed solution for native CMYK separation -- it
is supposed to benefit from the new model where the internal data is
32bit float linear RGB, and everything else is exporting material
that's being worked on in a separate projection.
2) Documentation and tutorials become confusing.
That's just off top of my head.
] [Thread Prev