Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

So 2.8 saves the history as well?
Just wondering. On a Mac and still
looking...Course'n, it's a ppc mac so it probably
won't work even when they do offer...

On 5/4/12, jfrazierjr nc rr com <jfrazierjr nc rr com> wrote:

It certainly is not intuitive. The operation should be symmetrical: If I
open a PNG, save should save a PNG (unless I applied changes which would
disappear if saved as a PNG, in which case I'd like a warning).

And that's the point, GETTING rid of the damn warnings!  For me, every
time I edit/create a jpeg/png file, this just goes to slow things WAY down.
dialog for export/ignore/cancel + if this is the first save, an additional
to set the quality.  The change fixes that by forcing me to be be
explicit(ie, I want to export).

Also, one slip of the finger in 2.6(Ignore instead of export) on that damned

dialog box and low an behold all of my layer work is GONE, PERMANENTLY,
FOREVER!!!!  Now my nice workflow where I do lots of non destructive
is for naught because I hit the wrong damn button.   The goal here is to be
sure that this type of silliness does not happen anymore by making you be
in your workflow.  I know dozens of people who have lost tens or even
hundreds of layers in a second by a mis-key and this change will totally
them from loosing work at the cost of some people having to adapt to change
spend and extra 2-4 seconds per image.

Do you really think your few extra seconds are more important than possibly
worth of work by people who use the features of GIMP that take it far beyond

a simple photo editor?   BTW, I am high functioning autism, so I do not
adapt to
change well myself, but IMHO, this is a good change mainly because I have
burned by this exact problem before.
gimp-user-list mailing list
gimp-user-list gnome org