Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

Wow it seems those in disfavour of the new "save-export" function are pretty agro.
I was like that before getting used to new workflows.
It took a lot of me moving from Illustrator and Photoshop to inkscape and Gimp.
Although I still prefer the way the pen tool works in Adobe I'm getting used to the way they ( gimpscape :) )
work.

The beauty of the open source model is that if you prefer a certain way of doing things you have the source
of the application at your disposal, tweek it, change it, redo it.

I'd do that if I were in your (The One's who don't like the new 'export-save' dialogue) shoes

I still use 2.6.1 and it seems that once I update, if I ever do, that function makes a lot more sense.

If I export an image to jpg or png hitting ctrl+w exits Gimp without option to save as xcf(which would be the
photoshop version of psd).
Any layers or masks are lost.
The new version seems to make this occurance an impossibility.
 I'm doing my update this weekend :)