[Gimp-user] Felicitations...

Dear GIMP development team and others,

I must express my heartiest admiration and warmest felicitations for your awesome software and interface. I've been using it on a el cheapo XP SP3 laptop for the past six months - this being a simply hobby I started since retiring.

Although I'm sure I'm only using a small part of a exciting potential, my results (sans blushes) exceed the abilities of many of those formally trained in graphics technology. I know this 'cos I was involved for many years (as owner of a small chain of photocopying and printing facilities within the tourism industry) on the periphery of professional users of the Photoshop and the CorelDraw series. The only personal previous experience I've had was playing around with the PS cloning tool for an afternoon many years ago.

There are, of course, changes I'd like to see such as moving the magnification facility from the bottom of the image to the top. I'm also sure there is a way of doing this but I'm seriously unskilled in the art of customization (as suggested by yourselves) and it's no real biggie so let it lay.

All I need say to y'all is well done - very well done indeed!

Sincerely,
Robert