Re: [Gimp-user] Felicitations...

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Robert Bruyns <vulgi-vagus hotmail com> wrote:
There are, of course, changes I'd like to see such as moving the
magnification facility from the bottom of the image to the top.

The first thing I do upon firing up GIMP for the first time:

Open Edit->Keyboard Shortcuts.

Expand the 'View' list.

Scroll down to 'Zoom In' (view-zoom-in), click it.

Press the "=" key (this is next to the minus key on my keyboard, along
the top row of numbers).

Press 'Close' button on the dialog.

After that I can use the -/= keys at the top of the keyboard to zoom
in/out, and also the -/+ keys on the number pad to the right.  Without
the steps above the number pad works, but using the keys at the top,
you must use SHIFT-= to zoom in and - to zoom out.

HTH,
Chris