Re: [Gimp-user] newbie trouble needs to fit canvas

On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 10:28 +0200, Madhatter wrote:
I have a square picture with a blank background. I would like to cut
off the background so that i only have the real picture in the file
(so that background will show around my picture when i use it on a
homepage)

To remove a blank background, image->autocrop may do what you want.
If not, you can use the crop tool.

Liam