Re: [Gimp-user] Where/How to post bugs for Gimp 2.9?

On 6/6/12, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
The GEGL based TIFF loader is more like proof of concept. I don't
think Simon finished porting it.
Well, some things are knowingly broken, many things are knowingly
unfinished. It's best to hang around in the IRC channel, if you really
care about 2.9 a lot.

Alexandre,

I must say that Linux has been a learning experience at every turn.
Sometimes I think there is too much to learn. Figuring out how to
compile Gimp from git felt like an accomplishment.  But alas, I don't
know anything at all about IRC. Could you point me in the right
direction (software, url, instructions, etc)?
--
Elle