[Gimp-user] Link images

Hi all.
Is it possible to link images in GIMP and have it automatically repeat
actions I perform on one image to another one?

For example, I load two images of the same size (for instance, two
successive grabbed video frames),
then choose color picking tool and make in only show picked color in window,
then click on one image to view pixel values (r, g, b ),

and then I'd like the tool to show me pixel values from selected positions
of both images.

Or, I zoom in one image, and have another image to zoom in to the same
region and the same zoom factor.

In other words, I'd like to use the GIMP as an analysis tool, and analyze
several images simultaneously.

ENVI can do such things, but I don't have it right now.

I understand that have all bunch of things is impossible right now, so to
have colors from two images would satisfy me at the moment.

Thanks.
Vladimir.