[Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On 05/31/2012 04:04 AM, darnkitten wrote:
I sell LibreOffice, by pointing out that not only can it OPEN almost everything, including DOCX and old
Works files, It also allows the option of setting default SAVES defaults to DOC --which can be read by
everyone-- though with a "you will lose formatting" warning (that can be disabled).

Saving to JPEG from Gimp is more like exporting to PDF from OO (that,
incidentally, OO calls "export").

I would say it is more like saving to RTF, which is a "save" option, though a crappy one.  (JPEG and RTF are
both low-quality editable formats which lose data/formatting, compared to the native XCF and ODT formats).
Exporting to PDF is converting from an editable format to an essentially non-editable container format, and
IS an Export--Incidentally, one printer in my area prefers even image files to be exported to
PDF...*sigh*...because Windows prints it directly instead of shoving it through that crappy photo printing
wizard.

--
darnkitten (via gimpusers.com)