[Gimp-user] GIMP 2.6

Where can I get GIMP 2.6 for win64? Sorry, I am just not getting along with 2.8, specifically, no GAP. I
cannot seem to get it to work. Also, the 2.8 interface on windows looks horrid (imho) looks like windows
2000 and I have 7. Yeah, I use windows. I tried Ubuntu, but it just started getting buggy after 10.4. And I
could never get jack to work properly.

Anyway, GIMP 2.6!

Thanks

Here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/files/GIMP%20%2B%20GTK%2B%20%28development%20rel.%29/GIMP%202.6.12%20%28combined%2032%2B64-bit%20installer%29/

Sorry for the ugly URL but that's the way copy and paste came out.  I used to install this version a lot on
different machines because it was conveniently both 32 and 64 bit installing.

Sorry for your experiences with the Linux versions... I have been having trials and issues of my own lately.
There are times and moments in the community when different parties seem to lose their way or their view of
the big picture.  And really, it's hard to say who is "right" (and by elimination, who is wrong) in
different areas because progress and stability are often mutually exclusive.

When Unity was added to Ubuntu, that is where it went south, IMO. It is too hit or miss now. At one time I
boasted its potential, and to a degree I still do, but as a serious replacement for Windows, they have a long
way to go. There should be some standard that all the developers have to follow. The last I used it was just
after the new LTS release. I tried to put Linux MMMS on it, but got caught in this download hell that the
program was trying to rectify a dependency that was no longer available and after snooping around, I figured
how to stop it and install it. But it just started crashing.

Anyway, thanks for the link! Now I can get some work done!

--
bohlinghaus (via gimpusers.com)