[Gimp-user] GIMP Editing Problem

Hi.
I've got a problem with basic image editing in GIMP.
The screenshots should help to understand. I have GIMP 2.6 on Windows 7.
GIMP wont allow me to move anything around in the darker area of this image ("IconOverlay.png" - attached).
I've tried reinstalling GIMP as well as deleting the user preferences folder.
I've also tried copying the image into a new GIMP window and editing it in that, but it doesn't work.
This has never happened before on any other image I've edited.
Thanks in advance,