[Gimp-user] Why I went back from GIMP 2.8 to 2.6.x

Why I switched back to 2.6:

Sliders- too weird for digital painting with a tablet. I would like more visual feedback perhaps, like
changing the color of the actual bar, or something more obvious. Still, it's tough to quickly just do what
you need. Other options: shift or ctrl drag for fine tuning, or just slow it down once it gets below a user
set size.

 I also really miss simple checkboxes for tablet dynamics, much quicker than a menu of presets.

Personally I love everything else, but these two things are a bigger part of mt digital painting workflow
than the rest, so 2.6 is back.

--
Raoghnailt (via gimpusers.com)