[Gimp-user] ICC Profiles: UFRaw + GIMP => 2x correction?

I have a question regarding the use of ICC profiles in UFRaw + GIMP.

If I load an image into UFRaw and specify an ICC profile for my camera,
then output a .tiff image, that image is color-corrected. At least that is my assumption...

Now, if I load the .tiff image into GIMP, and again specify an ICC profile for the camera, the image is corrected again, I think. Which amounts to over-correction. Correct?

How do people handle this in their workflow? Correct in UFRaw and use GIMP with no correction?

What happens when you specify an icc profile in UFRaw and then activate UFRaw from the GIMP?

Thanks for any insights,

Gary