[Gimp-user] GIMP and Tablets ...endless story, I expect.

Am 24.02.2012 15:45, schrieb gerard82:

[...]

Another observation. When I use the tablet mouse, switching the tools
with the keyboard works. The same when I use the stylus while it's not
in "drawing mode". As soon I press the lower stylus button to switch on
"drawing mode", the tool switch by keyboard is off and the left button
on the trackball is disabled. To switch tools or use the menus, I have
to put the stylus away, put the tablet mouse onto the tablet, click its
middle button, then I get the keyboard shortcuts and the left button of
the trackball back.

Actually, it would all be useable if there was a less tedious method to
get the stylus out of "drawing mode" so I get back the keyboard tool
control and left button of my trackball back.

D'oh!

Kind regards

I don't think I know how to solve your problem.
Did some googling and found this:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/53442/how-can-i-configure-the-aiptek-t-6000u-graphics-tablet
I have a similar file for my wacom tablet in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d.
Both /usr/share/X11 and /etc/X11 are ok to put this in.
/etc/X11 is read after /usr/share/X11 during boot.
Wacom being the market leader probably makes support in Linux better.
Good luck.
Gerard.

      Jan

--