Re: [Gimp-user] paste in the same place as the copied selection was?

On 02/11/2012 01:59 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
Hi,

Let's say I have two images of the same size (e.g.800x600)

I select a region of the first image with any selection tool (e.g. the fuzzy select tool)

I copy the selection.

Isn't there a way to paste the selection into the second image at exactly the same position where it was in the first image??

In the first image:

- Edit/Copy
- Edit/Paste (in same image)
- New layer (new layer with pasted image part)
- Layer/Layer to image size
- Select all
- Copy

- In target image:
- Edit/paste

It seems to me unbelievable that there is no such option, but I can't ind it.

In the general case (paste between two images of different sizes) it is not useful, because there is no simple definition of "at the same place". In this specific case, you can also "File/Open as layers" the source image into your target image and cut what your want... There is no need for two distinct images.