[Gimp-user] Picure database

I plan to use Gimp as my preferred tool for picture editing. But then i need another tool for organazing
photos with tags and ratings.
What tool do you recommend that mix well with Gimp? For example I want to doubleclick in the organizer tool
to start to edit in Gimp.

If you don't want anything obtrusive or heavyweight try XnView

Versions for most OS's - if using linux, first have a look in your repo otherwise

http://www.xnview.com

There is also a beta XnViewMP, which is excellent.
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=24056

As well as tagging, rating and adding to categories you can set Gimp as the default editor and open an image.

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)