Re: [Gimp-user] Photo protection - transparent foreground

What you seek to do is something content publishers all over the globe
have been seeking to do.  The problem with the internet is that it has
to trust the client endpoint.  You can limit the trust as much as
possible, but any data which is to be displayed must also be received
and decoded by the client.  Once it is on the client, all bets are off.
There is simply no way to control data access once it has been sent to
the client.

We call attempts at doing this "DRM" and while there have been a great
many attempts at accomplishing this, all results are compromised and
becomes a failed effort.

The notion of free distribution while controlling content over the
internet is simply not possible.