Re: [Gimp-user] Photo protection - transparent foreground

Thank you to all who have responded with constructive ideas and comments.

The reason for my original question was that I want to advertise some scanned in behind-the-scenes colour slides that my dad took while he was filming the speed boat chase sequences from Live and Let Die in 1972. I obviously did not want these freely copied and circulated uncontrolled.

Based on all your feedback so far, it appears the answer to the original question is no, it is not possible. Even with using HTML code or using no-right-click techniques, these can be overcome by someone determined enough.

I have therefore decided to upload very low resolution versions of my hi res scans, and also include a watermark across them.

I will keep monitoring future replies and respond if required.

I'm now off to explore more GIMP features .........

Thanks again.