Re: [Gimp-user] Question about the new sliders

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 12:38 -0700, Gary Aitken wrote:

So two thoughts:

1.  Should the integral behavior I am seeing with the up-arrow on the threshold
for fuzzy select be going by tenths, or by whole integers?

Neither, it depends on the width of the toolbox.

It should go up or down by
   distance you drag as a percentage of the max value, times max value
E.g. when the up arrow is one third the way along from the left of the
scrollbar-thingy, clicking (or dragging at that point, it's the same)
gives you one third of the maximum value.

So, it's supposed to work as it does, I think.

2.  It looks like the bug may be tool-related.

What exactly are you saying is a bug? I'm not saying GIMP is
bug-free :-) just trying to see if in fact it's a problem with how to
use these controls not being obvious, or whether your gimp is behaving
different from mine, or whether all the gimps in the world are
misbehaving (always a possibility, especially near a full moon).

Thanks,

Liam