Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP 2.8 per Windows, problem with the color picker

Select Color picker tool and in Tool Options dockable dialogue toggle
Set_foreground_color instead of Pick_only. Now when you use eyedropper from
Change_Foreground_Color dialog window it will change foreground color to the
one you picked. This will help you restore your workflow til the bug is
fixed.
Francois wrote

I suspect that Francesco had the same problem I did. In the color picker
dialog box, there is an icon, about 2/3 of the way from the top, which
when one hovers the mouse cursor over the icon, reveals the context help
that one can select a color from anywhere in the screen. When one's
cursor is located over a GIMP window, this is true, one can select a
color; when the cursor is over a part of the screen that is not part of
a GIMP window, the cursor reverts from the eyedropper shape to the
normal cursor shape, and in my experience, one was not able to select a
color from any part of the screen that was not a GIMP related window.

Yes, this is the problem I'm having as well. It's definitely a bug.

--
TracyF (via gimpusers.com)

-----
Nik O.