Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior

1. Export it to JPEG and exit GIMP or close the file clicking No you don't want to save as XCF. The point is for many work that are done and when it is saved as a PNG, and OMG the file was now opened as PNG and I closed it ... all your layers are gone! It's a failsafe.

2. Then it really is a minimal bother to anyone to Ctrl+E or Ctrl+Shift+E, be done with the file and close GIMP or the file clicking No you don't want a XCF.

It simply required a little bit of not-so-hard rethinking.

On Tuesday 14 August 2012 10:59:13 Ken Warner wrote:

> 1) Well then, if I open a jpg file and make layers and paths etc. and want

> to save my work, why is it anathema to export it as an XCF file? 2) Your

> assumption is that there are layers after the image is flattened seems odd.

> On 8/14/2012 9:39 AM, Burnie West wrote:

> > On 08/14/2012 08:07 AM, Ken Warner wrote:

> >> 1) What if saving a flattened image is exactly what I want to do.

> > It's easy - just export it

> >> 2) It is not exactly true that "further work is near impossible".

> > But without the layers saved separately it's a lot more complex

> > -- of course, depending on specifically what "further work" you want to

> > do.

Fortune cookie for Wednesday, August 15, 2012:

Scientists were preparing an experiment to ask the ultimate question.

They had worked for months gathering one each of every computer that was

built. Finally the big day was at hand. All the computers were linked

together. They asked the question, "Is there a God?". Lights started

blinking, flashing and blinking some more. Suddenly, there was a loud

crash, and a bolt of lightning came down from the sky, struck the

computers, and welded all the connections permanently together. "There

is now", came the reply.