[Gimp-user] Batch mode ?

It appears to me that virtually every photograph I have ever manipulated
using GIMP has looked better after applying GIMP's Colors->Levels->Auto to it.

Now, I have a batch of about 80+ scans of old family photos that I would
like to apply this process to en mass.

If I wanted to script this, you know, so as to just apply Colors->Levels->Auto
to each one of about 80 .JPG files, in turn, yeilding one new output file
corresponding to each of the input files, but with levels adjusted, how would
I go about doing that?