[Gimp-user] Instructions

I am a new forensic photographer and have been advised that this software is helpful in analyzing digital images for evidence of post manipulation.  I am primarly interested in determining if anything has been added to the image post the original generation.

I am by no means an expert in either Photoshop or NIKON NX2 (which I use for my case photography enhancements according to strict procedural guidelines), ergo would appreciate any easy-to-understand and use methodologies to manipulate the GIMP software.  Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Michael L. Boss ASse BSse CSP/CFP - CQCSM
Crowne and Associates Forensic Photography

4613 8th Avenue NE

Lacey, Washington 98516

mobile:  360-870-6660
land:      360-491-5037