Re: [Gimp-user] Official binaries for Windows and MacOS X

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 1:21 AM, Mikael Ståldal wrote:

Perhaps you can invite these 3rd parties to become part of the GIMP team?

Totally wouldn't mind that :)

BTW, it seems like Inkscape (which I guess is comparable to GIMP) do provide
official binaries for Windows and MacOS X.

This is because in Inkscape team we have developers who use
WIndows/Mac as primary systems and people who are mostly online and
can be pinged regarding builds. Please note however, that earlier this
year official announcement of 0.48.1 was delayed by a month or two
month exactly due to problems with Windows builds. The tarball was
out, but we couldn't announce the new version, because of the problems
on Windows and temporary unavailability of the guy who built it. That
seriously sucks.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org