[Gimp-user] Official binaries for Windows and MacOS X

On the official GIMP homepage, you can read:

"The GIMP team doesn't provide official Mac binaries."

and

"The GIMP team doesn't officially provide any Windows binaries."

I think that the GIMP team should provide official binaries for Windows and MacOS X. I believe that it would attract more users to GIMP, and make it appear as a more serious alternative to e.g. Photoshop.

This doesn't need to involve much work, perhaps you can get away with just change the text on the homepage and declare the Windows and MacOS X packages you already link to as official.

(I do not need this myself since I run Linux.)