Re: [Gimp-user] A good book - Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional

Friends,

Steve Kinney wrote:

The other day I spent a couple of hours looking through this book at
the library:

Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional by Akkana Peck

http://gimpbook.com/

As it happens, I've recommended this book in past threads to other users, and am glad to see Steve's recommendations, too. Couple of points to mention: there are two editions to the book, the first edition used GIMP 2.4; the second GIMP 2.6. If you're buying it, the second edition is probably the one to get.

Also, the publisher used to have (and as far as I know, still does) the policy that if you purchase the print version, you can get the digital version for a nominal fee. This has proved useful to me; I've several Apress titles, and when I travel, I can carry a reference library on a thumb drive, or micro SD card, and not have to carry a briefcase full of reference books.

Finally, Akkana is a list member, which permits me to say, "Thank you."

ns