Re: [Gimp-user] Unable to flatten and/or deselect image?

Hey Keith,

I think I just solved it - a "well DUH" moment because it was
staring right at me while I wrote my previous post.  Your screen
shot shows that the offending layer is a float, not a "normal"
layer.  Click the anchor button in the layers tab (if there is a
"real" layer under the float) or the new layer button, and
everything should suddenly get normal.  I am not sure this accounts
for the whole problem but I have at least partially reproduced the
symptoms here, i.e. the "Flatten Layer" command is grayed out when
there is a "float" present.

If that don't fix it, let us play with the original image file...

:o)

Steve