Re: [Gimp-user] Unable to flatten and/or deselect image?

On 12/22/2011 12:46 PM, Keith Purtell wrote:
It refused to save as a jpg.
GIMP 2.6.8.
Windows 7.

The original image I started with is
at http://www.mediafire.com/i/?x591s2ra7wx9oxh

Keith

Hey Keith,

It would help to have the actual original image, instead of just a
screen shot.  We could then load the thing up and see what
happens... and if anyone who tries this sees the same problem, it
could lead to a real solution or, at least, a bug report.

A thought:  Instead of "merge down" have you tried via the main
menu, Image > Flatten Image?  I am sure you did but it pays to be
redundant about these things when the equation includes "new user +
bizarre program behavior + communicating via e-mail."

:o)

Steve