Re: [Gimp-user] 8 bit vs. 16 or more bit

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Kevin Horkan wrote:
I've tried some research on this subject but have come up with little
definitive information.  I'm new to gimp, have used photoshop some,
and am new to the iMac and OSx operating system.  As a
photographer moving from prosumer to professional (hopefully), I am
wondering about the quality differences between gimp and photoshop,
especially in the bit rate area.

Photoshop wins right now

 If the bit rates make a difference to the quality of the finished product
(especially prints), will gimp be going to higher bit rates

It will

and will this include the mac version?

It will

Alexandre Prokoudine